Frequently Asked Questions


How do I redeem my bond?

Mail the bond to: TMI, Attn: Redemption Department, 1100 Abernathy Road, Suite 480, Atlanta, GA 30328.


Execution of the assignment section on the reverse side of the bond is not required. It is suggested that you mail the bond by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested. Payment for bonds issued with book entry advice will be sent to you directly, with no action required on your part.


I have not received my interest/principal check yet. How can I get it replaced?

TMI can replace checks if they have been missing for at least 10 business days (two weeks) from the date of issuance. You can e-mail your request to investor services at or contact our investor services department at 800.241.5568.


How can I purchase new bonds?

TMI is not a brokerage firm and, therefore, is not able to sell or advise you on available bond investments. Your best bet would be to contact the broker dealer who sold you your last bond.


How do I replace a lost bond?

To notify TMI of a lost bond, send written notification along with a check for $25.00 made payable to TMI Trust Company. In the case of a stolen security, we suggest that you email or call our investor services department at 800.241.5568.


If you are reporting non-receipt of a bond issued in the past six months, we will replace the bond free of charge. Otherwise, an indemnity bond is provided through TMI at a fee of 2% of the value of the bond value, or $50.00, whichever is greater.


Can I redeem my bond if it has not reached its maturity date?

No. Bonds are issued as a “loan” you have made to the church or the nonprofit organization (the obligor). Just as your bank cannot request you to pay off your home mortgage prior to the term of your loan, we cannot ask the obligor to pay off its loan early. There are instances when the obligor may decide to “call” bonds in for payment early. If this occurs, you will receive notification on how to receive payment.


Can I sell my bond/note?

Yes. But unlike municipal and corporate bonds, which are publicly traded, bonds are not traded on the public market; therefore, you will need to contact the broker dealer who sold your bond originally.


What is the procedure to re-register my bond to someone else?

Please contact investor services toll-free at 800.241.5568, or email

Contact Us

Don’t see the form you need? Contact us at 800-241-5568 or and we will be happy to send it to you.